Lee County Sea Grant seeks to increase knowledge of marine and coastal systems for people of all ages. We offer a variety of programs and resources in marine and environmental sciences for teachers, informal educators and the public. We also work closely with 4-H clubs to help develop and deliver marine education curriculum.
Examples of outreach programs include teacher and Train the Trainer workshops, field trips, kids fishing programs, public seminars, adult education courses such as the Florida Master Naturalist Program, coastal clean up events, and environmental festivals.
If you are interested in a program please contact Joy Hazell, 239-533-758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marine Life Encyclopedia
- The Bridge: Sponsored by the National Marine Educators Association (NMEA). Resources and lesson plans on several topics for marine educators.
- NOAA Ocean Explorers: This site contains a wealth of knowledge. It includes a ton of lessons on a variety of topics as well as videos and images. Great Site!
- Southeast U.S. Atlantic Coastal Ocean Observing System (SEACOOS): Real time data as well as lesson plans.
- Center for Ocean Science Education Excellence (COSEE): Contains information on marine science careers, workshop opportunities, ocean literacy, and lesson plans.
- “The Living Everglades”: Sponsored by the South Florida Water Management District: This site provides a great overview of the Everglades and its systems as well as lesson plans and curriculum for teachers.
- Estuaries.Gov. Site sponsored by NOAA and EPA. Contains information on estuaries as well as resources/ activities for teachers.
- National Marine Educators Association (NMEA)
- Florida Marine Science Educators Association (FMSEA)
- National Association of Interpreters (NAI)
Para la traduccíon al español, escoja la bandera española arriba.
El servicio tradutor utilizado aqui puede hacerle publicidad a una variedad de bienes o servicios. La Universidad de Florida y el Servicio de Extension de IFAS no tiene ningún control sobre aquel publicidad, ni aproba los bienes o servicios así ofrecidos.