From:                                         Brown, Stephen

Sent:                                           Friday, August 26, 2011 5:30 PM

To:                                               Brown,Stephen Henry

Subject:                                     Brown's Plant File: Cabbage Palm fact sheets; walkable groundcovers; 3 new clips/r


A Late Good Afternoon One and All:


It’s not too early to begin planning to attend our Annual Butterfly Conference.



Here are two new fact sheets on Cabbage/Sabal Palm and one on groundcovers.

1.    Morphology and Maintenance:


2.    Cabbage Palm Pictorial:


3.    Walkable Groundcovers:



Here are three new video clips:

4.    Resurrection Fern


5.    Pruning Cabbage Palm


6.    The Plant Dr. Compares Similar Native and Exotic Plants


Finally, Real Florida Gardeners Guide:



I will be away most of next week, so the next Brown’s Plant File may come in three, not two, weeks.

If you need your gardening questions answered, call and speak to Peggy or one of our Master Gardeners.

The number is (239) 533-7504.


If you are not in Lee County, then go to the link below to find out how to contact your local county office.



Don’t forget to have your garden friends subscribe to Brown’s Plant File.


Best Regards!




UF County logos combined2006color 


Stephen H. Brown

County Extension Director & Horticulture Program Leader

University of Florida/IFAS

3410 Palm Beach Blvd.., Fort Myers, FL 33916


Lawns, Gardens, and Nurseries Solutions

Phone: (239) 533-7513   Fax: (239) 485-2305

Solutions For Your Life"




Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.

Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.